Making a Difference - Eradicate MS


I try to host a health related post each week in The Locker. I like to share my experiences in the hopes of helping someone else. I've decided to make a little turn and have a guest host for the next few weeks.

My friend Brian is a beast. He cycles more miles in a year than I probably drive in my car. He has a passion for health, and shares an equal passion to eradicate MS. Please be kind to Brian and give him a warm welcome.

Hugs-



 
My name is Brian Jones. 







I am an avid cyclist riding to rid the world of Multiple Sclerosis.


 A sobering stat I learned while attending the National MS Leadership conference in Ft. Worth, TX.  More than 50% of MS patients will develop a progressive form of the disease, which can lead to diminished motor functions robbing the patient of the ability to walk, or even hold utensils to eat.  While there are FDA approved modifying drugs to treat relapsing forms of MS, there are still no treatments for progressive forms.  Money raised thru events, such as BikeMS, are currently funding research to treat progressive MS, which may lead to a cure.  Please join me as I ride for those who can’t.  Please visit my page at http://main.nationalmssociety.org/goto/Brian2015 to make a donation.  Thank you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Demise on Top of a Mountain...Blue Ink-Tuesday Tales

Easter Blog Hop!!!

Tuesday Tales and Shades of Gray