Just Out of My Grasp -- Life with Chronic Illness

http://store.secretcravingspublishing.com/index.php?main_page=book_info&products_id=241
Fibromyalgia - Mayo Clinic
Ahoy Fellow Fathomers, I’ve decided to use my blog not only to writing, music, and other facets of entertainment, but, also to share my journey. On June 19, 2013, my rheumatologist told me the reason for many of my ongoing health problems is because I have systemic lupus, also known as SLE. But, after second opinions and many more doctor visits, my neurologist believes it is actually Fibromyalgia. At any rate, no autoimmune disease is a good diagnosis, but, to me, Fibromyalgia is a blessing compared to lupus.
Thank you for listening, each week I will have a new installment chronicling my journey. Please, please feel free to comment, write, share. I hope to use this forum as a help to all of us, no matter what pain you are experiencing. You may also send stories to me via finlessbook at gmail dot com. I will respect your privacy and maintain your anonymity, if you so desire.
Hugs for today …
I’d Lose My Head if it Wasn’t Attached- More Notepads than in a Chain Hotel

The #Lyrica is helping so much! The dizziness dissipated, a common side effect of the medication while adjusting to it. The prickles and pin pricks of neuropathy have very much gone away. However, my hands and feet still hurt pretty badly and seem to cramp with much intense use. I still have muscle pains, but, they are controllable for the most part.


I returned to the gym last week and began weight training again and cardio! My body loved it, but, I can tell I’ve not worked out cardio seriously in a while. Although my strength was good due to the yoga that I continued.
I have my periodic checkup with my rheumatologist this Friday. But, I’m coming to the conclusion that the diagnosis of fibromyalgia is indeed correct. I hope she doesn’t frown too much that other doctors completely changed her choice of medications. And diagnosis for that matter. But, this is all about me, remember? So, let’s see what this round of blood tests substantiates.
Physically, I feel SO much better. But, Good Gravy, my memory and brain fog continue with a vengeance!
 For example, my daughter’s birthday is January 5th, so, she gets lots of presents and celebrations within a short time span. (Time for some TMI, you may stop reading if talking about bras makes you uncomfortable.) For Christmas I bought her a beautiful bra from Victoria’s Secret. But, it didn’t fit. (it was too small…UGH!) It’s a curse that my teenager looks more like a college girl. I own 3 guns and can be very intimidating. J
So, knowing I needed to take it back to exchange, I put it back in the VS box and set it up. I later wrapped her birthday gifts.
I also wrapped the too small bra in the VS box.
WHAT?!
Sheesh
In my lapse of memory, I wrapped it, then when I went to find it to give it to her to return-- I couldn’t find it. My husband actually asked if I was developing dementia.
What did I do with it?
After a few hours of scouring, a small light flickered in my echoing mind (speaking to self)- “You wrapped it dummy.”
I then had to explain to my daughter I wasn’t sure which box it was (two were the same size). So, when she opened it for the second time, (I’m sure it still doesn’t fit) please just ignore your mother and move on.
She just smiled.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Demise on Top of a Mountain...Blue Ink-Tuesday Tales

Tuesday Tales and Shades of Gray

Easter Blog Hop!!!