Tuesday Tales and Why Suffer From Boredom?

Ahoy Fellow Fathomers! This week our group writes to the humdrum word, boredom. So, here we go from Steal My Heart, book 4 WIP from The Fantasy League series.


“Since we’re being so honest, I need to ask you something.” I’d wanted to know about her secret offices forever. Finally a dating man, with a fledgling sexual drive, I wanted to branch out with my conversations with a safe friend. “Please don’t make fun of me.”
Definitely not from tedium, Lola flicked her nails against the tabletop, appearing deep in thought. “I want to agree, yet, I don’t want to miss out on a great opportunity to bust your balls. You can see my dilemma.” She laughed, then took another sip of tea. “I’m kidding, dude, ask away. I’m here for you.” Pointing from her chest back my direction, clearly she wanted a challenge.
“What’s in your secret office space?”
Choking slightly, Lola quickly set the tea cup down on the table. “Not wasting any time are you?”
“I assumed it better not to tiptoe, I went straight for the question.’
The tinkling bell on the door sounded again, breaking up our conversation. A girl walked in wearing a baseball cap, sunglasses, and a sling on her arm. If indeed Lesley, she had one crazy idea for a disguise. Since I said “if” that meant I wasn’t even sure it was her?
Maybe not so crazy.
The mystery girl sat with a group of other folks who were already sipping coffee. Retaining the cap and sunglasses, she laughed at someone across the table. I’m assuming they said something funny.
“Someone you know?” Lola squinted trying to get a closer look.
“I’m honestly not sure.”
“Wow, you really haven’t been down into Lesley’s habitat have you?”
“What do you mean down into her habitat?”
“Where she lives, dude. You know, deep inside her inner workings. Her domain, cave, private spaces. It’s not all sexual, either. The space where women get the feels, excitement, joy, all those delicious spices of life. I love it when someone crosses into my habitat, when you reach that level, it’s electric.”

“I think I’d rather die of boredom than have certain conversations with you.” The usual determination or repulsion wasn’t present in my response, my heart wasn’t as offended. Apparently, I’d finally made a lifelong friend, the one I could tell anything to. “Dear Lord…”
Please visit us at our main site for more interpretations of boredom!Tuesday Tales Main Page

Comments

Jillian said…
Great snippet. I want to know about her secret office, too. Love the way you worked in the prompt, too.
Brilliant scene. I want to know about that dang inner office!
I love the bit about crossing into a woman's habitat. Great excerpt!
morgan said…
Love the back and forth dialogue. Felt like I was eavesdropping.
Tricia said…
Very nice! I want to know what's in the office...and if that's really Leslie.
Anonymous said…
Great scene! Yes! I want to know about the secret offices too. You've introduced a bit of mystery and we want to know more.

Popular posts from this blog

Demise on Top of a Mountain...Blue Ink-Tuesday Tales

Easter Blog Hop!!!

Tuesday Tales and Shades of Gray