Tuesday Tales and Trouble Brewing?

Welcome to Tuesday Tales! Each week our group writes to a prompt. This week is this beautiful shot of nature:

Let's see how this plays out....

“Seriously, if we get on this boat now, it’ll be a Gilligan’s Island ordeal.” 

“C’mon, Danika, we are going to be fine. This storm will blow over and we will be one of the only ones on the lake.” Dominik’s tone took on an edge of frustration.  “Besides, we have to have this date. It’s the last day of the week and I for one don’t want to piss off Lola.”

“Going out on your stupid boat isn’t the only thing we can do today. Expand your horizons. The boat doesn’t impress me much anyway.”

“I have a feeling we won’t have to worry about following up with each other.” He muttered under his breath. “Have you enjoyed any of your dates? Are you this difficult with everyone?”

Danika sat speechless. I don’t know, have I really been that difficult? No, things have been easy with Finn. She shook it off and tried not to think about the way his eyes really spoke volumes. His interest in her was genuine. “For your information, I do have someone that’s interested. He doesn’t make me feel like an inconvenience.”

“Maybe you better stick with him then. Or her, if that’s your bag. Maybe you just don’t like men.”

“No, I just don’t like Neanderthal assholes with expensive toys that probably aren’t even paid for. I shudder to think about how many bills you actually have.”

“Wow, I think we need to swing through McDonald’s drive thru. I’ll get you a Coke and give you a smile and take your ass home.”

“Sounds perfectly fine to me.”


Now visit our main page for more stories about this gorgeous picture!

Comments

SherryGLoag said…
Boy! They really do not like each other do they? Great snippet.
V.L. Locey said…
What a great excerpt!
Jillian said…
Love the Gilligan's Island reference. Cute. Enjoyed the banter.
Great portrait of a less an ideal date!Terrific dialogue.
Unknown said…
LOL- that's telling him
morgan said…
Great job showing us what she doesn't like.
Iris B said…
Great dialogue. Well done!
Unknown said…
She's the storm brewing. well written.

Popular posts from this blog

Demise on Top of a Mountain...Blue Ink-Tuesday Tales

Tuesday Tales and Shades of Gray

Easter Blog Hop!!!