Tuesday Tales Picture Prompt

Ahoy Fellow Fathomers! It's time for Tuesday Tales.





A group of writers gather together and give our interpretation of a specific prompt each week. Most of the time we write to a certain word. Once per month we write to a picture prompt, and limit our entries to 300 words. I chose the sky. You never know what you might encounter when you get inside our minds.  This will be an excerpt from my new yet-to-be-named WIP.



Behind closed eyes, my mind sees as clearly in the dark as when wrapped within the rays of a sunny day. I see the smile in your eyes you used to have for me. Smoldering desire lurking behind oceans of blue telling me what you want without one word. Those days were reckless with desires, longing, and the excitement of new love.
Shifting my thoughts, I recall the slow winding down of your attention for me, the way you finally ceased looking my direction. I became another drain in your day.
The images keep slipping away, everything is in fast forward- sliding through so fast I can’t grab onto one to keep it stationary. Damn, just stop, I want to analyze every clip, seeing when you stopped looking at me, stopped really looking at me.  I can’t grab onto you to keep you from moving on, away from me, away from us, away from everything I know as love, as comfort, as home.
Of course I can’t sleep.
Could you sleep if you knew you wouldn’t hold those hands again so tightly, gripping fingers sliding into each other like a perfect puzzle. Squeezing tighter every so often, to make sure it’s real. That you’re really there, pressed against me, the ragged breathing of slipping into sleep whispering against my ear, letting me know you aren’t feeling the same desperation as I.
I wouldn’t want you to feel this way. I wouldn’t wish this aching on anyone, especially someone I loved. Damn, the hardest part of letting go is knowing it’s best for them-regardless of how much it hurts me. Maybe I’m selfless, but, I don’t feel so worthy of admiration.  
I remain awake, memorizing each movement against me, so when I’m alone in my bed, I will recall the electricity.




Comments

V.L. Locey said…
What a powerful post! Well done.
Wow! Just Wow! Amazing post. It gave me shivers! Well done.
Beautifully crafted and heart-achingly moving.
Tricia said…
So very powerful and heartbreaking. Great job!
Jillian said…
another heart wrenching post. I love the last sentence.
Trisha Faye said…
Wow! Intense and emotional. Beautiful!

Popular posts from this blog

Demise on Top of a Mountain...Blue Ink-Tuesday Tales

Easter Blog Hop!!!

Tuesday Tales and Shades of Gray