Saturday Sippers in The Locker
Ahoy Fellow Fathomers! Welcome to the feature here in The Locker called Saturday Sippers. Each week I’ll post a new skinny cocktail recipe for you to try. Many thinks to my Cali Bestie, Rhonda, for providing me with the deck of cards recipe book. J
Saturday Sippers in The Locker makes sense, as drinking was a large part of a pirate’s existence. As taken from The Pirates Realm, please see the following descriptions:
- Arrack - A strong drink made with fermented fruit or palm sap, rice, or molasses.
- Black Jack - Large drinking cups made of leather that were made stiffer with an application of tar.
- Bumboo - A drink of the West Indies made with watered rum and flavored with sugar and nutmeg.
- Grog - The nickname of a British admiral was applied to a mix of water and rum, the rum was a cheap antiseptic and flavor mask for the spoiled water that sailors often encountered while at sea.
- Hogshead- A large barrel or cask holding 63 to 140 gallons, usually referring to alcohol.
- Rumfustian - Raw eggs mixed with beer and liquor...NOT the breakfast of pirate champions.
UGH!! I promise you, the drink recipes I provide will be much more appealing!
Without further ado, the next recipe is –
HOT APPLE PIE!
1 oz apple cider
1/8 oz lemon juice
½ oz agave nectar
1 ½ oz spiced rum
1 cinnamon stick
Combine lemon, agave, and cider. Heat ingredients. Pour in rum and grate cinnamon on top. Calories 181!