Tuesday Tales Heart of Glass

Ahoy Fellow Fathomers! This week our group writes to the ominous sounding word- Glass.  From Heart Nectar, a new WIP for a new series please see my interpretation.

“I can’t wait for the day we actually use crystal instead of glass.”
“I know what you mean, I think.” Carolyn didn’t always understand Nixie’s perspective. Her best friend kept her on her toes in that department. It was probably a good thing, since Carolyn could sometimes be the hopeless romantic. Nixie kept her grounded.
“The day we’re all famous, and everyone wants our wines, like some of the finest Napa or Sonoma brands. I don’t mean I want to get rid of these.” Holding up an etched glass reading Heart Nectar on the side, with their unique artistic logo next to it. “Don’t worry, I won’t let you turn all uppity or anything. I’ll knock your ass back down to reality when you need it.”
“Thank you for your generosity. I knew I could count on you.” Trying to giggle was like swallowing cinnamon, nothing could make the nearly impossible happen the right way. Carolyn was too preoccupied to properly daisy chain thoughts together.
Reading her like a supermarket tabloid was another fine gift Nixie possessed. She smelled out the bullshit. “When you are you gonna stop being all coy and just tell me what happened with George?”
Busted.
“I thought you’d give me at least until the afternoon before you started the interrogation.”  Stalling for more time, Carolyn could find very few words that made sense, even for her. “I haven’t analyzed the situation yet.”
“You’ve had an entire day and night to analyze. I know you didn’t sleep more than an hour at a time flipping and flopping with visions of doom and gloom mowing down the sheep you tried to count.” Holding a pretend machine gun, Nixie graphically portrayed her example.
“Dear God you’re morbid.”
“I’m more impatient than morbid, so spill your guts before I spill ‘em for ya.”
 

 Please visit us at our main site for more interpretations of glass- Tuesday Tales Main Page

                              
 


Comments

V.L. Locey said…
Another great excerpt!
Fabulous writing, Davee. I enjoyed the sparkling, insightful dialogue.
This is from your Hearts of Braden book. Squeal!!! I can't wait to read it.
Yes, yes, spill 'em! I want to know, too. Love the dialogue.

Popular posts from this blog

Demise on Top of a Mountain...Blue Ink-Tuesday Tales

Easter Blog Hop!!!

Tuesday Tales and Shades of Gray