Rat or Ant and a Tattoo??? - Just Out of My Grasp

Good morning!  I’ve decided to use my blog not only to writing, music, and other facets of entertainment, but, also to share my journey. I’ve had significant health problems for almost two years. Initially, my rheumatologist diagnosed me with systemic lupus (SLE) on June 19, 2013. However, the medication wasn’t working and I kept getting worse and developing new symptoms. So, after second, third, and fourth opinions, my neurologist believes instead I have fibromyalgia. 

In April 2014 I visited yet another rheumatologist who I hoped would be familiar with autoimmune disorders. Following an extensive intake during my initial appointment, I found a place where the doctor also listened to me. Based upon my blood work, the doctor believes I have Sjogren’s Syndrome. She also made the diagnosis of Fibromyalgia and pre-lupus. I’ve never heard of pre-lupus, but, hopefully it stays in the “pre” category.

Thank you for listening, each week I will have a new installment chronicling my journey- Which is now more frustrating than ever. I test positive for ANAs in my blood, but, the lupus tests are negative. There are several varieties of autoimmune disorders, with different caveats and health variations. Learning to live with the unknown has become my routine.

So, my brain on fibro...
Yikes!

So, with all the driving last weekend, it's safe to say The Husband and I became a little punchy. When we got stuck in Houston traffic because, WOW, it's so much better to close multiple freeways on Saturday, patience wore very thin. However, rather than become angry road rage idiots, we became hyena idiots.

It's rather interesting how confused my mind becomes when I'm trying to do the simple things. Unfortunately, for a multi-tasker like me, this has been uber depressing. I can't even load the dishwasher and try to hold a conversation at the same time. I have to stop, focus on what I need to say and then say it.

So, back to traffic troubles. I recalled a few years ago when we took a vacay for spring break in Montana. My niece was sitting in the front seat next to me as I was driving. I started talking about my next tattoo, and was asking her how she liked having a crazy aunt...
It gave me an A-HA moment, I'm a loving aunt...so, I needed a loving ant!  Several months later, I got this awesome girl ant with a big heart tattooed on my left foot.  It's one of my favorite ones!



Even though I wasn't the one driving, I was still tired. I haven't felt well for a week or so anyway. But, I decided to talk about when I got my tattoo.  So, I say, "this is like the time I was inspired to get my rat tattoo."

WTH?

I do not have a rat tattoo, I promise. But, both words ended with "t" and were one syllable, I guess that's all I needed to get right.



   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Demise on Top of a Mountain...Blue Ink-Tuesday Tales

Easter Blog Hop!!!

Tuesday Tales and Shades of Gray