Satuday Sippers in The Locker

Saturday Sippers in The Locker
Ahoy Fellow Fathomers! Welcome to the feature here in The Locker called Saturday Sippers. Each week I’ll post a new, sometimes, skinny cocktail recipe for you to try. Many thinks to my Cali Bestie, Rhonda, for providing me with the deck of cards recipe book. J
My hubby has been hard at work remodeling a new space for me, building a new library in our front room, and re-tiling our floors.  I will have my own writing cubby under the stairs and hibernate like Harry Potter. J
In honor of builders and hard workers everywhere, it is fitting to propose this drink, its’ namesake comes from a handtool:
SLIM SCREWDRIVER!
Ingredients
  • 1 ounce vodka
  • 2 ounces orange juice
  • 2 ounces diet lemon-lime soda*
  • Orange slice for garnish
Fill a glass with ice; add vodka and a splash of orange juice. Top with diet lemon-lime soda. Mix. Garnish with orange slice.
80 Calories per serving
*a word of observance about diet or low-calorie soda- I noticed the new Dr. Pepper 10 or Sunkist 10, etc the drinks boasting 10 calories still have high fructose corn syrup in the ingredients! If you are trying to stay away from that stuff, you might be better off with less of the real deal. Sodas from Mexico or the throwbacks (i.e. Pepsi Throwback or Mountain Dew Throwback) are made with real sugar.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Demise on Top of a Mountain...Blue Ink-Tuesday Tales

Tuesday Tales and Shades of Gray

Easter Blog Hop!!!