Just Out of My Grasp - My Personal Journey with SLE

Ahoy Fellow Fathomers, I’ve decided to use my blog not only to writing, music, and other facets of entertainment, but, also to share my journey. I found out on June 19, 2013 the reason for many of my ongoing health problems is because I have systemic lupus, also known as SLE.
Thank you for listening, each week I will have a new installment chronicling my journey. Please, please feel free to comment, write, share. I hope to use this forum as a help to all of us, no matter what pain you are experiencing. You may also send stories to me via finlessbook at gmail dot com. I will respect your privacy and maintain your anonymity, if you so desire.
Hugs for today …
 
I ran an outdoor race and as I finished, I truly thought I was having a heart attack. I became dizzy, extremely nauseous, my face got red as a beet, my chest felt like three elephants were sitting on it, I started non-stop coughing- I sounded like an adult seal. It became harder and harder to breathe and I tried sipping water to ease the symptoms.
I began sneezing and itching and assumed I had an allergy attack. I’m allergic to everything in North Texas, it seems, and the pollens were very high that day. I probably inhaled more than my fair share during the deep and rapid inhalations. I took a Benadryl.
It subsided slightly.
I visited my allergy doctor, lovely man- very patient and kind. I took a breathing test and he determined I was not quite taking in the Oxygen I needed to. He suggested the notion of exercise induced asthma and prescribed an inhaler to use prior to moderate/high intensity cardio activity.
It helped! My first day of spin on the inhaler, I felt like I had new lungs. (Just like Lieutenant Dan and his new legs.) I kept spinning faster and faster, harder and harder. Sweat flowed like honey from my veins and I felt GREAT.
It wouldn’t last.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Demise on Top of a Mountain...Blue Ink-Tuesday Tales

Easter Blog Hop!!!

Tuesday Tales and Shades of Gray