Saturday, May 4, 2013

Saturday Sippers in The Locker

Saturday Sippers in The Locker
Ahoy Fellow Fathomers! Welcome to the feature here in The Locker called Saturday Sippers. Each week I’ll post a new skinny cocktail recipe for you to try. Many thinks to my Cali Bestie, Rhonda, for providing me with the deck of cards recipe book. J
Blah blah blah, yes, you heard most of this last Saturday, and the big day came and went, I’m still cool. The sequel to my pre-birthday Saturday Sipper happens now. Soooo, my birthday fell smack dab in between two Saturdays. How lame was my birthday on a Wednesday? – ONLY AS LAME AS I WOULD HAVE ALLOWED IT TO BE! -Does this mean I get to celebrate both weekends, as the timing is equitable? I say Yes! To properly recognize such a monumental event as a birthday, I present my ten honorable mention favorite drinks. Some of these are alcohol free because I can’t be blotto all the time. I drink water daily, trying for at least the recommended 64 ozs, but, I won’t include that on the list, because, it’s a gimme.  
10.  Chocolate banana shake from Braums
9.  Coors Light, I prefer a bottle to a can
8.  A good red wine blend from the Russian River Valley
7.  7-up
6.  Blueberry Red Bull, found it at 7-11
5.  Mojito
4.  Throwback Pepsi
3.  A nice crisp Moscato (don’t be a snob cause it’s sweet wine)
2.  The Pink Stink (not sure you can handle the recipe)
1.  When The Husband makes and brings me a cup of coffee

THE NUMBER 5 MOJITO!
Ingredients
  • Ice
  • 6 ounces light rum
  • 12 mint sprigs, or spearmint, 8 roughly broken apart
  • 6 tablespoons fresh lime juice
  • 4 tablespoons sugar
  • Club soda
  • 4 slices lime
Directions
Place ice in beverage shaker then add in the rum, 8 broken up mint sprigs, lime juice and sugar. Shake well and serve over ice in a high ball glass. Top off each glass with a splash of club soda.
Garnish each with a slice of lime and a sprig of mint

1 comment:

debbie said...

Sounds good good.I love your site.
lemon _deborah@yahoo.com