Tuesday Tales Flower


Ahoy Fellow Fathomers! It's time for Tuesday Tales.







A group of writers gather together and give our interpretation of a specific word prompt each week. This week we share the prompt "flower".  You never know what you might encounter when you get inside our minds.  This will be an excerpt from my brand new yet-to-be-named WIP.

Enjoy!~



 
“I remember your favorite flower.” Connor’s words floated through the air as he bent forward, plucking a tall proud Indian Paint Brush from the ground.


When I was a child, I imagined Native Americans actually using these flowers to paint. Those lush red petals spreading some naturally made paint across buffalo hides and peace pipes. As a knowledged adult, I’m sure they couldn’t have used those flowers as a brush, although it’s magic to believe they did.


Connor used to pick these for me every late spring. Even at an early age, he was learning how to be simply romantic, the best kind of gesture came from his heart, not his wallet. I appreciated his kindness. Some guys in their teenage years perform gestures expecting some type of physical gratuity- not Connor. He was always my best friend first, respecting me to the core.


“I’m not surprised you remembered. You have a super impressive memory.” Accepting the flower from his outstretched hand, I actually wanted to move in closer and breathe him in. My face would meet his chest, the perfect location to take him all in.


“Of course I remember, it’s you we’re talking about.” Laughing, he tweaked my nose. “I bet I know more about you than you know about me, or even yourself for that matter.”


Yep, he spoke the truth and I loved him deeply for it, I never stopped. Anyone who says teenage love can never be real, well, they aren’t true romantics. I grew up loving this human. Time apart may have changed our circumstances, but, would never change how I felt about him. My heart made room for two men, now three, counting the littlest member of our tribe.


Comments

Great scene. I love those flowers. So delicate and you're right they do look proud and the end of their tall stems. Well done.
Trisha Faye said…
I LOVE paintbrush! A great flower to use in a scene by a Texas gal!
Beautiful imagery, and I love the tough of Native American myth.
Tricia said…
Her thoughts on teenage love are fantastic. I love how romantic he is. Great job!

Popular posts from this blog

Demise on Top of a Mountain...Blue Ink-Tuesday Tales

Easter Blog Hop!!!

Tuesday Tales and Shades of Gray