Tueday Tales and Tribute to Mother


Ahoy Fellow Fathomers! It's time for Tuesday Tales.



A group of writers gather together and give our interpretation of a specific word prompt each week. Once per month, we even write to an image.  You never know what you might encounter when you get inside our minds. This week our group writes to the word-mother.  This will be an excerpt from my new WIP for a new romance contemporary, What the Storm Didn't Take.

Enjoy!~








My mother only wanted to help. However, I needed to read this one in private.
May is an incredible month every year not just because it's Mother's Day but it's your birthday and I know that I complain every year about what to get you and not knowing what to buy because you seem to have everything but the truth is I've always enjoyed thinking about what I can give you that would be as unique and special as you are thankfully no matter what I do you never complain you never returned it and you've always acted like it was the best thing that you never received I'm sorry I won't be able to buy you more birthday presents I mean truth is if I'm not there I can't do any shopping I hope you left that at least smiled a little bit but every year I want you to get yourself a dozen Gerbera daisies because you know I'll get you those in addition to anything else every year when you buy that bouquet of flowers I want you to know that I'm right there at that moment smiling handing them to you when you fall in love again and I hope that you will no matter what he does for your birthday I still want you to buy yourself that bouquet of flowers every year because you're worth it and you need to remember just how important it is to smell the flowers and take time for the small things sometimes in life the big things over shadow the most important tiny fractions of life.
You're going to be a mom and as I write this I don't know when exactly that will be but I know but the love and your heart is too large to keep all to yourself that's how I know you're going to become someone's mother someday and when that child understands what Mother's Day is about it's as if he already knew because everyday would be Mother's Day because of how special you are.
Happy birthday honey and Happy Mother's Day for every year you celebrate.






Please visit us at our main site for more interpretations of mother  Tuesday Tales Main Page



Comments

I'm bawling so I'm sure she is too.Great job.
Jillian said…
lovely. just sweet and lovely.

Popular posts from this blog

Demise on Top of a Mountain...Blue Ink-Tuesday Tales

Easter Blog Hop!!!

Tuesday Tales and Shades of Gray