Tuesday Tales and What Do You Make of Bar?


Ahoy Fellow Fathomers! It's time for Tuesday Tales.



A group of writers gather together and give our interpretation of a specific word prompt each week. Once per month, we even write to an image.  You never know what you might encounter when you get inside our minds. This week our group writes to the word- bar.  This will be an excerpt from my new WIP for a new romance contemporary, No Games, Just Love.

Enjoy!~





















Bearing gifts in hand, I knocked hesitantly on my sister’s door, concerned suddenly with who might answer. Not receiving any response, I turned to leave. What was I thinking showing up unexpectedly in my adult sister’s door on a Saturday morning?

A voice behind me stopped me in my tracks. “Ahh, where are you going? Don’t tell me you’re one of those knock and run type.”

“Hey sis, I woke up early and couldn’t sleep. I suppose I thought everyone should be awake this early too.”

“I’m happy to see you, even if I was still lazy snoozing.”

“I brought you some coffee and a kolache, maybe that makes up for it?”

“Absolutely.” Making up for lost time with my sister was my new mission.

“As much as I appreciate this wonderful breakfast gesture, I know there’s another reason you’re here so early. Could this have something to do with a certain beautiful lady whose name I shall not mention?”

Could she really see through me? Stupid question it was. “You got me, I admit it. I’ve reached a fork in the road that unbelievably, both paths lead to her. How is that even possible? I was so mad at her for everything. I didn’t want anything else to do with her. Then once the shock wore off my anger for her faded and I’m left wondering if I could really go on without her.”

“I get it. You really fell in love with her, a kind of love that can overcome just about anything. I’m telling you now, because she didn’t do anything directly to you right now in the here and now after you met, you can’t let go so easily.”

“I must sound like a real pussy to you. Because I gotta admit, I sound like one to myself.”

“Being a passionate man doesn’t make your pussy. You just gotta be careful it doesn’t make you a dumbass. Guys can have all the feels without being pathetic. When you learn to master the combination women will become helpless to your charms.”

“I’m not sure if you made me feel any better about myself or not.”

“You came to me for truth, not to feel better. I’m the tell it like it is girl. From my experience you don’t waste of precious moments of life.”

“I overthink everything.”

“I respect you for taking a relationship seriously. You’ve given me a wonderful example of the kind of guy I want to date. Actually, you set the bar really high. Now I think it’s time you go easier on yourself, and enjoy awaiting possibilities.”


Please visit us at our main site for more interpretations of bar  Tuesday Tales Main Page

Comments

Great scene. Love the dialogue. Well done.
Meaningful conversation between the two. I like the way she supports his emotions.
Trisha Faye said…
A very good and realistic scene between a brother and sister. Great job!
Jillian said…
great conversation. well done

Popular posts from this blog

Demise on Top of a Mountain...Blue Ink-Tuesday Tales

Tuesday Tales and Shades of Gray

Easter Blog Hop!!!