My Medicated Mid-Life Baltic Amber and Succinic Acid


My Medicated Mid-Life

Baltic Amber Beads

 
 
 
 


Scrolling through Facebook, as I waste many minutes of my life. I found something NOT wasteful of my time. A Facebook friend asked about Baltic amber beads for her teething baby. Now, I’d never heard of such a thing, and me being the curious sort, and this friend having some pretty cool ideas, I decided to do a little research.

Turns out, this Baltic amber could alleviate arthritis and carpal tunnel pain.

HMMM…really?

I found several sites to choose from, and finally settled on a website based in Dallas- my ‘hood. Baltic Essentials.Com “When you wear Baltic amber, and its primary substance, succinic acid, comes in contact with your skin, trace amounts of the oils are released and are absorbed into your body.  As Amber warms against your body the succinic acid is absorbed into your bloodstream which facilitates pain relief.”

This has my attention. I take enough meds that anything natural could offer welcomed additional relief. The main ingredient of Baltic amber, Succinic acid, has the possibility for a myriad of healing facilities. I found several websites discussing the value for its’ use. The popularity in Europe seems to be more substantial than within the US.

According to Way of the Wild Heart.  Succinic acid is a powerful antioxidant shown to stimulate neural system recovery, eliminate free radicals and modulate the immune system. It is also used to discourage disruptions of the cardiac rhythm and to ease stress. Succinic acid helps restore strength and energy to the entire body, enhances brain function and so helps to improve awareness, concentration and reflexes.”1

Further, succinic acid may aid in reducing inflammation. “Inflammatory immune cells, when activated, display much the same metabolic profile as a glycolytic tumor cell. This involves a shift in metabolism known as the Warburg effect. Emerging evidence is now pointing to a role for the Warburg effect in the immune and inflammatory responses. The reprogramming of metabolic pathways in macrophages, dendritic cells, and T cells could have relevance in the pathogenesis of inflammatory and metabolic diseases and might provide novel therapeutic strategies. This has implications in the repair and regeneration of cells, inflammation, cancer and neurological disease.” 2

More to come as I research and possibly test this application.

Namaste


“Our bodies remind us it’s essential to keep moving.

And, yes, it does matter.” -Davee Jones

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Demise on Top of a Mountain...Blue Ink-Tuesday Tales

Tuesday Tales and Shades of Gray

Easter Blog Hop!!!