Review CHRIS STAPLETON - Traveller


Review


OMG…yes, I’ll say it again…OMG…what a gem Chris produced with this album. One sing-a-long worthy song after another. When I can say something actually tempers my mood in the temperamental Dallas traffic, you know it’s gotta be good.

For real.

The soothing tones of even the brokenhearted songs strum through the speakers, reminding me of lazy days in rocking chairs or a shady riverbank. Days when you go fishing and don’t even care if you catch a thing, or spend a quirky evening catching lightning bugs. This is the kind of album I’m talking about.
 


You don’t have to be a country music fan to enjoy his red-dirt voice, with just enough grit to make the songs stick like an Olympic gymnasts landing. The first song, Traveller, of the album namesake, makes me want to take a road trip with my best friends- times when all we do is laugh and point out goofy landmarks. (even stopping in Winslow, Arizona, as I actually did in June with my bestie, Rhonda and her boy, Ty.)

Fire Away is a challenge for those with trust issues to take the plunge and believe in someone. That no matter what you throw their way, they’ve got your back. Even if it means ultimate demise.

Now, that’s loyalty.

Tennessee Whiskey is a beautiful love ballad with a line unlike I’ve heard before…”But when you poured out your heart I didn't waste it…” Wow, that’s deep and it’s a comparison to a bartender’s best:
Genius. At least, it’s this Oklahoma girls opinion.

So, if you want to venture over to another side of the music spectrum, give Chris a chance. Rolling Stone agrees.




 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Demise on Top of a Mountain...Blue Ink-Tuesday Tales

Easter Blog Hop!!!

Tuesday Tales and Shades of Gray