Tuesday Tales and I'm Starving!

Welcome to our visual Tuesday Tales, this post made me hungry every time I saw the picture prompt. It was easy to develop 300 words about this culinary masterpiece, enjoy....now, I'm gonna go find some food.

“I’m starving, whatever you have going smells absolutely bomb.” Nixie paced next to the table, having already placed their plates and silverware. “How much longer is it gonna be? Dammit, I need sustenance.”

“You’re gonna have a stroke someday if you don’t control your impatience.”

“I just might murder someone.” Lowering her voice, her words still lacked the necessary sinister tone to make them believable.

“I’m sorry I haven’t been more open with you lately.” Mindie’s apology floated from the kitchen within a cloud of sincerity meant to soothe Nixie’s savage disposition.

“What’s that, I couldn’t hear you?”

Mindie entered the dining room, hot dish in hand. “You heard me, I know you did. You’ve got the ears of a bionic woman.” Presenting their supper with flare, Mindie arranged the deep plate before stepping back. “This will fill us up but good.”

Sniffing the air just above the food, Nixie wrinkled her nose. “You can't bribe me with comfort food.”

“I know I can, I’ve done it a hundred times.”

“More like a thousand times.”

“Hey, I haven’t pissed you off that much, you don’t hide anger very well. Besides, you aren’t really angry with me today, just wanting some details. I needed food strength to help me do it. I don’t quite understand myself these days.”

Sitting down, Nixie grabbed a serving spoon, digging deep into the meat and vegetables, overflowing with flavor from the delectable gravy encompassing them. “I haven’t had an old fashioned meat pie since your momma made one last winter. Reminds me of home and love.”

“I love you Nixie, so much. You’re more than my best friend, you’re family. I need you and I wanted you to know how much I appreciate our friendship. I know I’ve been MIA lately, and it’s not right.”
I hope you enjoyed my contribution to this fine photo of comfort cuisine. Please check out our main link for other delectable adaptions- Tuesday Tales Main

Comments

After reading this, I got hungry. Well done.
Joselyn Vaughn said…
I shouldn't be hungry yet this morning, but I definitely am. Nice descriptions!
V.L. Locey said…
Good thing I just had dinner or I'd be SO hungry! Great snippet.
Anonymous said…
Perfect scene to go with the picture! You did a great job of weaving story and emotions throughout the vivid details.

Popular posts from this blog

Demise on Top of a Mountain...Blue Ink-Tuesday Tales

Tuesday Tales and Shades of Gray

Easter Blog Hop!!!