Saturday Sippers - Is That Champagne or Sparkling Wine?

Ahoy Fellow Fathomers! Welcome to the feature here in The Locker called Saturday Sippers. This year I focus on some of my favorite adult beverages. Most will contain alcohol, but, some will not. Today, in honor of Valentine's Day, I will discuss the difference between champagne and sparkling wine.
Wine.About.Com gives us a rundown:
The Champagne we know and love comes exclusively from the Champagne region of France, and claims the honor of being the most famous of the sparkling wines. Technically, it is the only sparkling wine that may be referred to as "Champagne." Bubbly from all other regions in the world are simply referred to as "sparkling wine". 

Ah ha, so, not every bubbly is champagne. 

Basically it's a category, or a name, simply dependent upon the region in which it's produced. 

There are as many sparkling wines as there are flavors of soda pop, therefore it would be almost impossible to narrow down all my favorites. But, I still have a preference toward the Italian sparkling wines, with Asti Spumante my go to bubbly. 

I love Rosa Regale, a rose sparkling bubby. 
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend filled with love and surprises, and  just maybe a great bottle of vino. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Demise on Top of a Mountain...Blue Ink-Tuesday Tales

Easter Blog Hop!!!

Tuesday Tales and Shades of Gray