Saturday Sippers and Tommyknockers Brewery

Photo taken by me last summer
Saturday Sippers in The Locker
Ahoy Fellow Fathomers! Welcome to the feature here in The Locker called Saturday Sippers. Each week I highlight a new beverage, but, this week, I pay tribute to my favorite microbrewery in Idaho Springs, CO, Tommyknockers . With almost 20 signature beers, and seasonal specialty brews, this premium brewpub boasts some of the best tasting beer in the country, and they have the awards to prove it.
One of my favorites is a new addition, the Pine Bough Ale, as quoted from the Tommyknockers site:



“Session-able pale ale with a hint of mountain pine. Copper in color, medium in body and malty sweetness with a high drinkability factor. The flavors and aroma sway between fruity and citrus with up front American hops and a hint of herbal mountain pine.
Spruce pine needles handpicked from the Loveland Ski Area.
This special beer is inspired by and made to commemorate Loveland Ski Areas 75th Anniversary.
Only available on draft at Loveland Ski Area and Tommyknocker’s Pub.”

But, my favorite winter brew is the Cocoa Porter Seasonal Ale:



Not only do they have amazing beer, but, they have sodas for the under 21 crowd and those who prefer something non-alcoholic. Root Beer, Almond Cream, Strawberry Cream, and Orange Cream are some of my kids’ favorites.
The food is amazing, the views inspiring, the atmosphere jovial, and the beer is primo. Wow, this really has me thinking, it’s time for a visit. Good thing I happen to fly in today from Texas. I think it’s Tommyknockers for lunch. J
Tommyknocker Brewery & Pub P.O. Box 3188
1401 Miner Street Idaho Springs, CO 80452 Phone: (303) 567-4419

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Demise on Top of a Mountain...Blue Ink-Tuesday Tales

Easter Blog Hop!!!

Tuesday Tales and Shades of Gray