Just Out of My Grasp - My Personal Journey with SLE

Just Out of My Grasp
Ahoy Fellow Fathomers, I’ve decided to use my blog not only to writing, music, and other facets of entertainment, but, also to share my journey. I found out on June 19, 2013 the reason for many of my ongoing health problems is because I have systemic lupus, also known as SLE.
Thank you for listening, each week I will have a new installment chronicling my journey. Please, please feel free to comment, write, share. I hope to use this forum as a help to all of us, no matter what pain you are experiencing. You may also send stories to me via finlessbook at gmail dot com. I will respect your privacy and maintain your anonymity, if you so desire.
Hugs for today …
 
In 2008 I began running as a part of my regular fitness routine. I had worked out for several years, but, decided to add 5K races to my challenge. I finished my first 5K in around 46 minutes, not fast, but, I finished. Stubbornly, I began training even harder.
After about one year of running regularly, I became acquainted with the lovely foe, shin splints. I visited orthopedic doctors and received a referral to an awesome sports physical therapy clinic. While rubbing elbows with professional athletes, I received first rate care and it kept my running.
I visited twice a week for over a year.
Normal? Probably not, should I have not healed?
I added triathlons to my list of goals and on May 1, 2010, I finished my first sprint triathlon. What an awesome 40th birthday gift to myself. I was on top of the world.
But still in physical therapy. More doctor visits, sore knees, continued shin splints, lower back pain, and now, possibly plantar fasciitis in my feet.
Sigh.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Demise on Top of a Mountain...Blue Ink-Tuesday Tales

Tuesday Tales and Shades of Gray

Easter Blog Hop!!!