Saturday Sippers in The Locker- on Thursday
Saturday Sippers in The Locker on Thursday
Ahoy Fellow Fathomers! Welcome to the feature here in The Locker called Saturday Sippers. Each week I’ll post a new skinny cocktail recipe for you to try. Many thinks to my Cali Bestie, Rhonda, for providing me with the deck of cards recipe book. J
Saturday Sippers in The Locker makes sense, as drinking was a large part of a pirate’s existence. As taken from The Pirates Realm, please see the following descriptions:
- Arrack - A strong drink made with fermented fruit or palm sap, rice, or molasses.
- Black Jack - Large drinking cups made of leather that were made stiffer with an application of tar.
- Bumboo - A drink of the West Indies made with watered rum and flavored with sugar and nutmeg.
- Grog - The nickname of a British admiral was applied to a mix of water and rum, the rum was a cheap antiseptic and flavor mask for the spoiled water that sailors often encountered while at sea.
- Hogshead- A large barrel or cask holding 63 to 140 gallons, usually referring to alcohol.
- Rumfustian - Raw eggs mixed with beer and liquor...NOT the breakfast of pirate champions.
UGH!! I promise you, the drink recipes I provide will be much more appealing!
Without further ado, the next recipes will be in honor of St Patrick’s Day and whiskey! Top O’ the Evenin’ to you!
LEAN WHISKEY SOUR!
1 ½ oz whiskey
1 ½ oz lemon juice
1 ½ oz water
Liquid artificial sweetener equivalent to 3 T sugar
lime wedge for garnish
Pour ingredients into a cocktail shaker half-full of ice. Shake what your momma gave you, shaker in hand. Strain into glass and garnish with a lime wedge. Calories 106!