Tuesday Tales and Crawling Into a Cozy Bed

Ahoy Fellow Fathomers! It's time for Tuesday Tales.
A group of writers gather together and give our interpretation of a specific word prompt each week. Once per month, we even write to an image. This week, we write to an image.  This will be an excerpt from my new WIP for a new romance contemporary.

Enjoy!~

 





“Lola dear, why don’t you come to my house for a few days? I’ll take care of you.”

Laverne fretted over Lola, arranging and rearranging the sheet on the bed.

“Mom, I appreciate you. I don’t think I’ve told you enough.” It was easy now to see how much Laverne loved me. She’d always wanted included, I was good at shutting her out for years. “I’ll come over for a night or two, will that satisfy you?”

A twinkle appeared followed by a full on face smile. “I’m so happy!”

“Tell me my bed isn’t covered in puzzles.” Okay, that was harsh. “You know what, never mind, I don’t care. I’ll push them off when it’s time to go to sleep.”

Walking around, heading toward the window, mom finally breached a boundary. “What about your friend that came with you here? Marty... I believe his name is.”

“Marty is a good friend.”

“I seem to catch a look showing he liked you more than that.”

“It’s complicated, which is probably an understatement.”

“I’ve got time, the nurses are still working on your discharge papers.”

“Marty is Sharlyn’s half-brother.” No more beating around the bush, I put it out there.

Mamma Laverne retracted her neck and head, some thinking hard pose. “Wow, baby girl, this makes much sense.”

“So, I love Marty, with all my heart. But, he knows, he was Sharlyn’s donor, and they are becoming friends. His father, the snaky pedophile I was involved with in high school is dead. I made sure of it.”

“You killed him?”

“No, Mamma, I didn’t kill him. I just beat his dead carcass with a chair. It felt really good too.”

“You truly inherited my way of taking care of business.”

Weights once again left my shoulders. Truth telling was indeed cathartic.







Please visit us at our main site for more interpretations of this cozy bed Tuesday Tales Main Page

Comments

Wow! What a snippet! Great job. Now, I definitely need to know more.
Wow, what a powerful piece here!
Jillian said…
love this. from the puzzles on the bed to the beating with a chair. Awesome!

Popular posts from this blog

Demise on Top of a Mountain...Blue Ink-Tuesday Tales

Easter Blog Hop!!!

Tuesday Tales and Shades of Gray