Tuesday Tales, Where Does Love Bloom?

Ahoy Fellow Fathomers! This week our group writes to the teasing word, bloom. From Steal My Heart, a new WIP for a new series.



The girls placed new tablecloths on a few tables in the tasting room. Rich color accentuated the wood plank walls. Their business already looked like something from a wine cellar. Expanding upon the current theme should be simple enough. However the girls had plenty to talk with Brent about regarding his suggestions and what could be done in their planned renovations. With the closed sign displayed for a few hours, the girls focused on the questions they had for Brent, prepped a few of their favorite food items, and set a few bottles of wine out for him to choose from. Nixie suddenly stopped, giving Carolyn a befuddled look. “Do grapes actually bloom?”

A knock sounded on their front door, interrupting her reply. “Look, you really are nervous, you can’t even remember about our prime ingredient. That’s your queue. Why don’t you go let our guest in?”

“Seriously, I thought maybe you could open the door and give me time to look all casual sitting at the table.”

“No, you need to be the one to let him in. It shows him how happy you are to see him, how excited you are.”

“I didn’t think I should seem so eager. Isn’t that a common downfall of dating?”

Giving Nixie a gentle push, Carolyn retreated to one of the tables. “Playing hard to get is overrated. Stop looking all the dating advice, and do what you want to do. I don’t think Brent is too hung up on the latest dating trends.”

Nixie ran her hand through her blonde hair. Smoothing the front of her dress, she took a deep breath then let it out slowly. Walking toward the door, she corrected her slouching posture, and appeared confident, though her insides were jumping around frantically. Placing her hand on the doorknob, she licked her lips, and instantly thought of Brent’s mouth, and wondered how he might kiss. “Dear Lord, I’ve got to get out more.”

Opening the door, her mind went back to the couple of times she’d seen him. The first time wearing his work clothes, he’d looked rugged and strong. Yet, the next time at the zoo, he was casual, yet well-dressed. He definitely knew how to outfit himself. Unsure what to expect, Nixie’s eyes widened when she saw him there in pressed slacks and a polo shirt unbuttoned enough to reveal a peek at his tanned chest. Reaching out a hand to shake, Brent quickly changed his mind and pulled her in to a full hug. “You look beautiful. I don’t know what smells better your hair, or whatever you two have cooking up back there.”

“Oh, it’s probably the cinnamon rolls.” Unsure what to say, within the first minute of his appearance, Nixie completely melted into appreciation. If this guy wasn’t 100% genuine, he was sure one hell of an actor.

Still holding onto her, he leaned in again, taking a gentle sniff of her hair. “After careful consideration I must say the cinnamon rolls have nothing on the delicious way you smell.” Pulling away, Brent look toward the back, visibly embarrassed. “So where’s the other half of this operation?” Peering around, he brought his gaze back to her. “I bet I sound ridiculous, don’t I?”

“Not at all, you don’t sound ridiculous. I’m quite flattered.”

“Yeah well my cousin Austin was telling me I should try some bold tactic when I saw you again. I’m not much in the dating scene, so I thought I’d give his advice to try. But instead I kinda sounded like a weird perv.”



 
 

Please visit us at our main site for more interpretations of bloom! Tuesday Tales Main Page

Comments

V.L. Locey said…
Another great snippet!
What a cute couple! I love the way he came clean and told her about Austin's advice to be bold. I really like all the interactions. Great scene.
morgan said…
I think he sounds sweet, not at all like a perv.
Jillian said…
I love this story so far. I love how you used the prompt as well.

Popular posts from this blog

Demise on Top of a Mountain...Blue Ink-Tuesday Tales

Easter Blog Hop!!!

Tuesday Tales and Shades of Gray