Saturday Sippers in The Locker

Saturday Sippers in The Locker
Ahoy Fellow Fathomers! Welcome to the feature here in The Locker called Saturday Sippers. Each week I’ll post a new skinny cocktail recipe for you to try. Many thinks to my Cali Bestie, Rhonda, for providing me with the deck of cards recipe book. J
Blah blah blah, yes, you heard most of this last Saturday, and the big day came and went, I’m still cool. The sequel to my pre-birthday Saturday Sipper happens now. Soooo, my birthday fell smack dab in between two Saturdays. How lame was my birthday on a Wednesday? – ONLY AS LAME AS I WOULD HAVE ALLOWED IT TO BE! -Does this mean I get to celebrate both weekends, as the timing is equitable? I say Yes! To properly recognize such a monumental event as a birthday, I present my ten honorable mention favorite drinks. Some of these are alcohol free because I can’t be blotto all the time. I drink water daily, trying for at least the recommended 64 ozs, but, I won’t include that on the list, because, it’s a gimme.  
10.  Chocolate banana shake from Braums
9.  Coors Light, I prefer a bottle to a can
8.  A good red wine blend from the Russian River Valley
7.  7-up
6.  Blueberry Red Bull, found it at 7-11
5.  Mojito
4.  Throwback Pepsi
3.  A nice crisp Moscato (don’t be a snob cause it’s sweet wine)
2.  The Pink Stink (not sure you can handle the recipe)
1.  When The Husband makes and brings me a cup of coffee

THE NUMBER 5 MOJITO!
Ingredients
  • Ice
  • 6 ounces light rum
  • 12 mint sprigs, or spearmint, 8 roughly broken apart
  • 6 tablespoons fresh lime juice
  • 4 tablespoons sugar
  • Club soda
  • 4 slices lime
Directions
Place ice in beverage shaker then add in the rum, 8 broken up mint sprigs, lime juice and sugar. Shake well and serve over ice in a high ball glass. Top off each glass with a splash of club soda.
Garnish each with a slice of lime and a sprig of mint

Comments

debbie said…
Sounds good good.I love your site.
lemon _deborah@yahoo.com

Popular posts from this blog

Demise on Top of a Mountain...Blue Ink-Tuesday Tales

Easter Blog Hop!!!

Tuesday Tales and Shades of Gray