Want to Visit a Cabin in the Snowy Woods- Tuesday Tales

Ahoy Fellow Fathomers! Happy Tuesday and time for another edition of Tuesday Tales. This week I take you  to my new young adult romance WIP, Black Diamond Hearts are the Most Difficult.  Matthew and Laurel enjoy a beautiful snowy drive and some pensive conversation.  I present the following picture prompt "snowy cabin":


"Matthew’s sudden quiet manner puzzled Laurel once again.  His abrupt personality changes occurred more frequently these days. He stared straight ahead focused on the road, while she secretly studied his profile.  The occasional swish of the wiper blades across the windshield against the falling snow reminded Laurel of the beauty of the early evening. From his pensive expression, she deduced the snowflakes failed to entice Matthew into his usual excitement. 
“Isn’t that Engeldive cabin just off the road up ahead beautiful this time of year?” Laurel attempted to draw a smile from Matthew’s stitched lips.
“Oh…yes… it is. I hear the owner might start leasing it again.” A brief flicker of interest brightened his eyes.
“Would be an awesome home, no matter what the season.” Laurel’s dreamy expression indicated some secret homey thoughts.
“Not sure I could afford it on my salary, though. With the location, they probably will want a pretty penny for it.”
“Maybe you just need a roommate?” Laurel offered innocently.
“Possibly, but, you know, I need to start thinking long term. Someday, I’d like to have a family of my own. Maybe I should investigate a change in career.” Matthew’s expression became sullen once again.
“I’m going to sound selfish, but, I still need you coach. So, don’t be talking about leaving me to find someone new until I at least get my first Olympic medal.” Laurel smiled warmly and touched Matthew’s shoulder. “We’ve come too far together for you to ditch me now.”
“I promise I won’t leave you yet. You have been a work in progress. Sheesh, I wouldn’t dare want another coach to un-do all the blood, sweat, and tears I’ve put into training you.” Matthew finally mustered a genuine smile and they both laughed, driving past the turn to the Engeldive cabin."


Now that you've read my contribution to TT, please visit my creative friends over at our main blog, Tuesday Tales for their take on the picture prompt "snowy cabin". Merry Christmas my friends!!!


Comments

An Open Book said…
I can just imagine a snowbound couple... realizing their feelings... acting on their desires. Great TT!

Dawne
SherryGLoag said…
Lots of unanswered questions in this piece. I wonder what's bugging Matthew?
Lindsay said…
It seems like someone is wanting more that just student-coach relationship
Karen Cino said…
I feel something good coming out of this stay at the cabin.
He doesn't get how crazy about him she is, does he? I'm hoping he's going to find out and soon. Great post!

Popular posts from this blog

Demise on Top of a Mountain...Blue Ink-Tuesday Tales

Easter Blog Hop!!!

Tuesday Tales and Shades of Gray