Are Bigfoot Trackers "Cool"? - Tuesday Tales

Ahoy Fellow Fathomers! Happy Tuesday and time for another edition of Tuesday Tales. This week I take you again to my new paranormal WIP, Finding Love and Bigfoot- a part of my Critter Getter series.  For our journey to the unknown, I present the word prompt "cool".


“Maybe tomorrow you can talk to me more about this research of yours. I admit, you have me intrigued, Caleb Chandler.” Kalista inhaled deeply and looked toward the gear shift. “I guess we better head home, in case the storm moves in again.”

“Will you please let me know you made it? Maybe…call me or something?” Caleb asked sheepishly.

“Definitely.” Kalista revved the ignition with her foot, projecting the image of coolness. Her insides danced with butterflies sitting in the seat he normally occupied.

“Thank you for another great day on the river, even though we didn’t get a second catfish fry.” Leandra bubbled with a beaming smile. “This is more fun than we’ve had in a long time, no matter how strange it all is.”

Owen attempted to reassure Kalista. “Caleb is a champ and a whiz. Among his jack of all trades, he is also accomplished with car tools. We do appreciate your generosity. I gotta echo Caleb and tell you how huge this is for us.” He pointed toward her car parked under the shed. “Some people spend their whole lives searching for physical evidence and never quite get it. I think we got our ace in the hole for proof this time.”

“I’m happy I could oblige. Look, I need to get going before I change my mind. I’ll let you know when we get home.” Kalista looked toward her car. “Take care of her for me, will you?”

“I will. Drive safely girls.” Caleb softened his reply to something just below melodic sandpaper across soft wood.

Kalista put the truck in gear and hit the gas with a wave of her hand out her open window. “I could listen to his voice all day.” She said aloud, not completely remembering Leandra sat beside her in the truck cab.




 Now that you've read my contribution to TT, please visit my creative friends over at our main blog, Tuesday Tales for their take on "cool"!

Comments

V.L. Locey said…
Very enjoyable post! I have to wonder if they`ll run into something just beyond that SLOW sign....
Lindsay said…
I agree with V.L. about running, or at least seeing, into something ahead.
Intriguing scene. Wonder what lies ahead for the group.
Karen Cino said…
Sounds like this is going to be a some hell of a road trip. Can't wait to see what happens.
Love your imagery here. You get across a sexual tension so smoothly, I can't really hear it but I can fell it.
Sharon said…
Sounds interesting - especially Caleb's voice.

Popular posts from this blog

Demise on Top of a Mountain...Blue Ink-Tuesday Tales

Tuesday Tales and Shades of Gray

Easter Blog Hop!!!