Tuesday Tales Suddenly


Ahoy Fellow Fathomers! It's time for Tuesday Tales.




A group of writers gather together and give our interpretation of a specific word prompt each week. This week we share the prompt "suddenly".  You never know what you might encounter when you get inside our minds.  This will be an excerpt from my brand new yet-to-be-named WIP.

Enjoy!~



And, just like that, suddenly I forgot he even existed.

His eyes met mine, when he reached out his hand to steady my feet. “Whoa, are you okay?”

I’d never seen a man try to hide a smile by drawing his bottom lip between his teeth.

“I’ll be fine, just, you know, I tripped on something.” My head spun from that last shot of green apple vodka. What in the name of everything holy did I freaking think green apple vodka was a good idea. When was green apple vodka ever a good idea?

“It’s a flat floor, darlin’. I promise I didn’t stick my boot out and trip you.”

Ah, he offered an out. “Oh, but, I think, I think you did.” Attempting to stand up straight, exuding a defensive stance felt too damn wobbly. I could only hope I looked serious.

“Do you want me to walk you to a chair? Maybe buy you a beer, or even better, some water?” he leaned down a little bit, getting slightly closer to my level of sight.

“Um, no, no, no beer.” My stomach lurched. I clenched my teeth, holding back the flood of cheap booze.

Comments

Love it. Green apple vodka is never a good idea. LOL Banana is worse!
V.L. Locey said…
Great snippet! That green apple vodka will get you into some serious trouble! =D

Popular posts from this blog

Demise on Top of a Mountain...Blue Ink-Tuesday Tales

Tuesday Tales and Shades of Gray

Easter Blog Hop!!!