Colin Firth, What's the Appeal? I Could Go On and On...

Ahoy fellow fathomers, it's been a long time since I had a personal entry in my blog, but, I've been doing some thinking and decided to get back on the blogging horse. So, last night, I'm watching Bridget Jones's Baby, the final installment of my favorite of all time movies series. There's just something about Bridget I identify with. Maybe it's the awkward, self-conscious part of me I will never shake. And, I'm okay with it. I need an element to keep me from getting too stagnant and comfortable with life. You know, that inner voice driving me forward, keeping me going and never giving up. Life is a marathon, not a sprint.
As a singleton, I looked to romance movies as an escape, a way to fantasize about my own Mr. Right. And, in that first movie, oh Lord, Colin Firth took my breath away. Mr. Mark Darcy, the Barrister with an impeccable swagger and captivating all business- with a sexy undertone- voice. There's no way he could fake the entire role. There's bits of him imbedded in the sexy fictional man. Mr. Darcy has been uptight all his life, and you can just see him splitting at the seams to release his passion. Passion I don't believe he even knew he possessed until he saw Bridget, I mean really saw Bridget.  What better person to facilitate than the eccentric Bridget Jones? "I like you very much...just the way you are." Watch this clip showing the progression from uncertain to infatuation. Bridget Jones I like You Just As You Are
What better way to start a love affair?
When someone tells you the whole of you is what they like it is universally huge. In most cases, honestly liking someone is better than loving them. WHY- Because, in some instances, we are almost "obligated" to love. Like the obnoxious sibling, aunt, uncle, fill-in-the-blank, we love them, but, we may not like them. There's a distinct difference. When a significant other likes you as much or more than they love you, that's where we have the relationship lightbulb moment. The foundation of friendship, teamwork, companionship, loyalty, empathy, and kindness go such a long way in actually
liking a person. How many couples can say they failed, but, still loved each other yet didn't know how to make it work? Maybe they didn't like each other as much?
When Mr. Darcy looks at Bridget, the fondness and interest are visibly moving. She's simply being herself, nothing more-nothing less, and he's captivated. Damn, it's sexy, and also inspiring. At the end of the movie, he doesn't care she's written insulting gibberish, he buys her a new diary to begin again--beginning again in a new life with him. A new love filled journey, proving he can kiss better than any bad boy out there. 
You know, maybe someone would look at me that way. Being myself, hair up in a messy ponytail, spilling something/anything on my clothes, tripping over air, snoring in the early morning, forgetting my own name, snorting when I laugh at something so ridiculous it should be embarrassing (but, to me it isn't embarrassing- it's hilarious)
Being me, with my insane addiction to buying mistint paint at the local Lowe's. (It's a real thing I possess an addiction)
Being me, drinking too much wine on a random Tuesday just because.
Being me, with my aches, pains, wobbly bits, and developing wrinkles.
Being me, spouting random bits of information that seem to come from out of nowhere. (my brain is routinely the space from nowhere-a black hole of lunacy)
Being me, surrounded by my own second hand embarrassment. (the kind other people wince while watching me seemingly fail miserably at confident poise) 
Being me, becoming the object of affection of someone bright, creative, intelligent, loyal, handsome, witty, and supportive. (Yeah, THAT! I've dreamt of that man forever i think.)
For those reasons, I love Mr. Mark Darcy. I hope I have my own someday.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Demise on Top of a Mountain...Blue Ink-Tuesday Tales

Easter Blog Hop!!!

Tuesday Tales and Shades of Gray