Tuesday Tales- Around the Town


Ahoy Fellow Fathomers! It's time for Tuesday Tales.



A group of writers gather together and give our interpretation of a specific word prompt each week. Once per month, we even write to an image.  You never know what you might encounter when you get inside our minds. This week our group writes to the word- town.  This will be an excerpt from my new WIP for a new romance contemporary, No Games, Just Love.

Enjoy!~






“You truly inherited my way of taking care of business.”

Heavy weights once again left my shoulders. Truth telling was indeed cathartic. “So, when he found out, we had a severe falling out. Over time, he contacted me again and we eventually met for drinks. I was following him to his house when I wrecked. I believe it was a sign.”

“A sign you weren’t supposed to be at his house?”

“Yes, he lives out of town, moved partially to get away from me. I think the universe wants us to stay apart.”

“What about true character is revealed in adversity? Maybe you two were meant to endure struggle to make your relationship solid?”

Mamma had an irritating way of confusing me. Should I dare tell her how my life felt complete only when Marty came back into it? “You’re messing up my way of thinking.”

“It’s who I am.” Mamma believed in happy endings, knowing a person didn’t get there by taking the easy road. “If I could do anything different, I would’ve found a way to keep you dad in our lives. We should’ve moved away with him.”

Here we go, talking about my father the roadie again. Good thing the nurse interrupted us.

“Good news, Ms. Fontaine, I have your release papers ready.”

“Splendid!” Mamma clapped her hands. “Just in time for tea.”

We made it to her house by a quiet, peaceful drive. Mamma followed through on her promise, gathering a tea pot, little fancy porcelain cups, and pulled thinly sliced bread from the cabinet. “I’ll make us cucumber sandwiches with the crusts cut off. What do you think? I also have some scones in the freezer, they’ll thaw in a jif.”

“Sounds good, Mamma, I’ll take a hot shower.”

“Remember, the doctor said you’re anemic, you need to eat more.”

“Random carbs probably won’t cure low iron levels in my blood.”

“It’s a start. I’ll pop over to the store for some vitamins.”

“Grab some beef jerky too, that’ll be good.” Halfway joking, I actually craved beef jerky for some odd reason. I’m not sure where that came from.

“Jerky? You’re right, that sounds delicious. We can make some.”

Mamma the crafting cooking queen. “Have you ever made jerky?”

“I burned a roast a time or two, does that count?”








Please visit us at our main site for more interpretations of town  Tuesday Tales Main Page

Comments

That'll be quite the meal, cucumber sandwiches and jerky! Love it.
Karen Cino said…
I love the interaction between mother and daughter. Her mom should make her lentils!
V.L. Locey said…
Love the interactions in this one! Well done.
Trisha Faye said…
Great scene. I love your Mama character, she sounds like a lady I'd like to meet. I laughed at your burn the pot roast comment. Great job!
Jillian said…
great job on showing the relationship between mother and daughter. I like it.
Tricia said…
I love Mamma! She's awesome. The mother/child dynamic rocks!

Popular posts from this blog

Demise on Top of a Mountain...Blue Ink-Tuesday Tales

Easter Blog Hop!!!

Tuesday Tales and Shades of Gray